Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thinking in a box

I am, unsurprisingly, bored at work again. So I've looked around the interwebs universe and found a site apparently dedicated entirely to 'top 10' lists. I'm intrigued and just bored enough to find thinking in list-form a pleasant distraction.

10 things I'd like to grow in my garden next year

1. more squash
2. golden beetroot
3. borlotti beans
4. strawberries
5. sweetcorn
6. crown prince pumpkins
7. carrots
8. plums
9. fennel
10. blight-free potatoes

10 things I would like to eat right now

1. blueberry pancakes with maple syrup
2. smoked salmon and cream cheese on a proper bagel
3. carrot sticks
4. home-made chocolate chip cooky
5. miso soup
6. beetroot marinated salmon sashimi
7. haloumi and roasted butternut squash on foccacia from Bakery 164
8. leftover stew
9. dosa with spinach and paneer with minted yoghurt and curry sauces
10. pretty much anything in Barcelona

10 reasons I like the library

1. generally it's pretty quiet
2. books
3. books
4. new books
5. old books
6. my colleagues and bosses are pretty great
7. internet access
8. feeling of having done research even when I just walk in and fall asleep on the desk
9. the reading room
10. it's a library

Good times.

No comments: