Thursday, March 27, 2008

March weekends

I'll withhold judgement on whether March is going out lion- or lamb-like. The 'earliest Easter since 1913' kinda threw me - I always use Easter as a first weekend of spring kind of date. Not so this year. On the Saturday of the long (yea!) weekend, we went up to the allotment to dig and were blown home by snow, sleet, and a bitterly cold wind. It being Yorkshire, of course, by the time we got five minutes from the allotment, the weather had changed to sunshine that was very nearly warm, so we sat outside and had a pint or two instead.

The library is dead these days - Easter break for my students is four weeks long. I've got next week off, which will be so lovely and undoubtedly entirely productive. That's the plan anyway. Plans plans plans - such a spring thing.

No comments: