Friday, October 10, 2008

Things that make my day

Two good teaching sessions in a row - enough to send me through the roof with joy. I'm trying to explore more options for group work with my first years: today's exercise really worked. I hated group work in undergrad - mainly cos I ended up doing the bloody work. So I did pay careful attention to who was doing the work in each group and will break up the class differently next time. But they really did pull something off - and they were paying attention to the text.

THEN I got to pat the police horses as they stood majesterial guard outside the Uni. Max is beautiful and his person very cheery - the kind of police officer straight out of a children's book - I wonder if the horses make community work easier (for people unafraid of horses!). Animals always invite people closer. These are not the average pokey pony mind you, but massive great beasts. But lovely and soft with big dark eyes. It really did make my day - I was immediately cheered and grinning as I set off for an afternoon's work at the library.

No comments: