Tuesday, May 29, 2007

100

I've been at the library 9 out of the last 10 days either working or researching. And I'm actually not sick of it. It's just starting to feel like home - I should bring a toothbrush.

So I've been 30 for a whole weekend now and still don't feel any different.

This morning was one of those mornings - the kind where I think, we should have stayed in bed, but that would have made it worse. Our trusty alarm clock (Wilko's special four years ago) has finally given up the ghost. Of course, today was one of very few days where we actually needed to be up - 6am for poor Nas - to get to work. I woke up at 7.54; Nas was out of the house by 8... Then, just to crank up my adrenaline as well, his manager called me at my library to say that Nas hadn't turned up to work an hour later. After fifteen minutes in which I convinced myself that he had disappeared somewhere on the 10 minute walk between our house and campus, she rang back to say he was, in fact, at work - they just hadn't checked round. Now adrenaline gone, I'm a bit tired.

Thank goodness for the end of long weekends.

This post has been brought to you by the number 100.

No comments: