Friday, July 27, 2007

Filler

It's been a good while since I posted anything. I think spending all day in the library squeezing out writing puts a damper on doing more writing on my blog. Too much typing. And nothing very exciting has happened lately that I feel must be communicated.

Just writing writing and more writing - read, revise, read, revise... But it's coming together (I hope). I have a meeting with my supervisor on Monday - almost my last before handing in.

Other things that I have been up to:

- running up hills (much more difficult than running along the canal)
- contemplating working for a living
- contemplating how much council tax will take out of my paycheque come January
- trying to work out how to renew my passport and my visa in time for October
- hoping that the rain will ease off before everything in my garden rots on the vine
- reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I realised (again) this morning how little I am aware of the world outside my library office. It's kind of ridiculous. I know I can read newspapers online but I miss the morning clutter of the breakfast table with tea, food, and newspapers.

It's very nearly August.

2 comments:

Troy D'Hondt said...

Are you guys staying in the UK after you graduate? It sounds like you've made it a home. Kind of makes me sad but if you are enjoying yourself there.

kaley said...

Ah The Question...we really don't know - but yes, it is home, and we love it here. We are going to try to stay for a few years definitely - pay off our loans in GBP! Canada will always be home too though.