Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Time time time (see what's become of me)

How did it get to be July so suddenly? And Tuesday? And after 6pm?

Countdown to submission of The Thesis is on - I've just handed two chapters over for yet another read by my amazing supervisor. Writing is going exceptionally well - I finally feel like I understand my project a little bit. Which is exciting. Staying in the library is considerably easier with the weather like this as well. The flooding has receded - but the rain keeps coming. Good for the garden!

It's been an exciting week in England - what with a new government, terror alerts at 'critical' (I don't know what this means, really), Wimbledon being rained out every half hour... Less prescient to the global community, but more important to me, are such events as finishing aforementioned two chapters, while keeping up the running and not losing my mind.

Doctor Who is, alas, finished for the season. I'm joining in the general grumbling that, while Kylie might be making a guest appearance, Martha (the Dr's latest companion) won't be back next season. Which doesn't start until Christmas... Alas. Back to re-runs of Scrubs and The X-Files (mysteriously on every night on Living) to take my mind off of the 18th century.

No comments: