Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Exam Watch

Trends that mystify me in equal measure:

1. January - polo shirt with scarf, no coat, no hat, sunglasses.
2. June - t-shirt, shorts, flip-flops ... woolen cap worn like a limp smurf/dwarf hat.

Things that especially are irritating today:

1. students blithely coming IN the EXIT at the library and then arguing that they are 'already in' when I ask them to go back and go through the barrier.
2. students.

Things that I like:

1. I have finally found a pilates class that I can attend starting next week. Very excited about this as pilates is amazing and really does improve my posture and go a long way to easing the tension I carry around in my shoulders and neck. I think it will go miles in improving my mood at work these next few weeks - during Exam Watch.

2. And our perfectly timed weekend away will also help: Amsterdam in the spring. What could be more perfect? My gran has already warned me that it is a city of drugs and criminals, and fore-warned is fore-armed. We've gotten a self-catering flat in Jordaan with our friends and travelling-mates. It looks divine - it's likely just liveable (I have little faith in the reality depicted in online advertising photos...). But its away from work, away from the city with its binmen on strike, away from the stressed out, rude students, away away away!

No comments: