Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Normal parameters

I'm participating in a study for Health Psychology at the university here. Nothing is actually required of me except going in for a health check three times a year and answering some questionaires. I figured I'd get some feedback and get those all important stats on my fitness level generally. I was still nervous going in this morning, worried, as usual (for no reason in the world) that they would tell me that I was a mess physically (able, with doctor-vision to see that I had popcorn for tea followed by biscuits for breakfast and still prefer full-fat milk...).

But I'm normal. I met a work colleague outside the Psych department and managed to put down and forget the paper with my results. Luckily I remember them:

Blood pressure: 115/74
resting heart rate: 78
peak heart rate (I had to do a step exercise - 3 minutes x 3): 120
recovery rate (after 3 minutes): 105
VO2: 97%

Generally I say that numbers don't matter blah blah blah but hey, with numbers like those I don't mind if they do! I get to go back 1 year from now and repeat the test. So running and gardening seems to have paid off - who'd've thunk?

No comments: