Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Sunshine and taxes

The library is in a state of high panic today - it's giving me a splitting headache. Which is too bad as I was in an elated mood all morning - well, nearly all morning. It is the first perfectly beautiful day of the spring. At least, I hope it is the first - rather than the only - perfect day of the spring. I walked into the city bright and early, clutching my carefully collected tax forms and ID. Naturally, I had to make the walk twice because the only paper they needed was one that I hadn't brought. But I managed to maintain my good mood all the way home and all the way back. With luck - actually no, I'm sure I'm due a refund! - I'll get some money back at some point...

For reasons unbeknownst to me, the powers-that-be of the library have decided that all of our security staff/facility assistants needed to attend training TODAY. It is the first day of revision week, the library is heaving, there are books stacked all over the place ... Thankfully, I'm only here til 6pm.

We had a really lovely time on Sunday at the festival - though the weather did its best to ruin it. It rained all day... in the end though it was quite fun as it felt like the blue-rinse crowd's answer to Glastonbury: expensive, organic food, really really good beer, and a brass band playing away all afternoon... Our shoes were muddy, our bellys full, and it looked like some kind of school trip as all 11 of us filed off the bus in Northallerton. We got some really amazing cheese, a mustard (can't leave a market without at least one condiment!), and some white chocolate with chilli - amazing. Pork sandwiches, sausages, and burgers, some really lovely ales and stouts made up our picnic/all-day-grazing. There's another one in York at the end of the month ... My mouth is watering already...

No comments: