Sunday, April 20, 2008

Excessive laziness

I stole this meme from my friend's Facebook page...yes, that is just how lazy I am today. But I like answering questions about myself - hell, I think that might be a species-wide quality.

1. What is your natural hair colour? Brown

2. Where was your profile picture taken? This one doesn't make sense away from Facebook - What's your favourite picture of yourself? One of Nas and I taken on our wedding day - it's a candid snap and we're both laughing.

3. What's your middle name? Andrea

4. Your current relationship status? Married

5. Honestly, does your crush like you back? Um...unlikely...but I'll hold out hope on the basis that Mr Tennant's filming schedule keeps him pretty busy and we haven't actually met yet...

6. What is your current mood? Lazy

7. What color underwear are you wearing? Y'know, I wonder why all memes have something completely ridiculous in them? Let's change this one: What can you hear right now? The washing machine, the telly, and one of my cats chirping at her toys.

8. What is one thing that makes you happy? My cats.

9. Whats The Last Thing You Bought? Must be important, as all the words get a capital letter...12 tomatoes, 4 bananas, 6 eggs, 2 pints of milk...oh and some chocolate digestives.

10. If you could go back in time, and change something what would it be? Hmm...I'm too lazy to think of anything that might mean I'm not exactly where I am right now...

11. If you MUST be an animal for ONE day- what would you be? A house cat - specifically MY house cat...I don't know what they were in past lives but that is some powerful-good karma.

12. Ever had a near death experience? Likely, but you never hear the one that hits you.

13. Something you do a lot? Talk

14. What's the name of the song stuck in your head right now? honestly...damn; the Kingsmill bread jingle from telly...

15. Who did you copy and paste this from? An old friend from uni in Canada.

16. Name someone with the same birthday as you? Boring. I do know that the Diet of Worms ended with the Edict of Worms on my birthday in 1521; and that John T. Scopes was indicted for teaching evolution 52 years before I was born (1925); the Calgary Flames won the Stanley Cup for the first time on my birthday in 1989. And just to satisfy the question, I share my birthday with Edward George Bulwer-Lytton, Ralph Waldo Emerson, and Beverley Sills. It's also the holy day of Saint Urban, Saint Bede, and Saint Augustine of Canterbury.

17. When was the last time you cried? I did get a bit choked up in last night's episode of Pushing Daisies.

18. Have you ever sung in front of a large audience? Yes.

19. If you could have one super power what would it be? I always go for flying here...yea - yea I'll stick with flying.

20. What's the first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Depends why I'm looking at them.

21. What do you usually order from Starbucks? I don't.

22. What’s your biggest secret? Idiotic. Who makes up these things? Change it again: How do you feel about secrets? Not a big fan really. They bore me.

23. What's your favorite color? I don't have one - but I like a warm palette

24. When was the last time you lied? Last seminar I taught - I always say that I'm really excited and interested in whatever text we're studying, regardless of my actual loathing... Funny thing though, by the end of the seminar, my students' interest gets to me and I come away actually being pretty into it...

25. Do you still watch kiddy movies or TV shows? ALL THE TIME - repeatedly. I plan to watch Powerpuff Girls later this afternoon.

26. WHAT HAPPENED TO 26? Got married, moved to England, started PhD.

27. What are you eating or drinking at the moment? See above - Tetley's tea and a hobnob.

28. Do you speak any other language? I speak Academic as well as Teacher. I can understand Lancashire and Yorkshire - and depending on who I'm talking to, apparently I do speak another language. And yes, I speak enough Quebecois to order a beer, ask for the bathroom, and get back to my hotel in Montreal.

29. What's your favorite smell? Too many - a sampling: mown grass, the garden, roasting veg, coffee, the house I grew up in, my grandparent's house, fresh sawdust, Algonquin park...

30. If you could describe life in one word what would it be? If I could describe life in one word, I would be very sad indeed.

31. When was the last time you gave/received a hug? I just aggressively cuddled Logan...

32. Have you ever been kissed in the rain? I suppose.

33. What are you thinking about right now? How trivial it is whether or not I've ever been kissed in the rain! And now how long that has occupied my mind...

34. What should you be doing? Re-reading the novel I have to teach this week; working on my conference paper, working on my job applications.

35. What was the last thing that made you upset? 'Upset' like hysterical? I don't get upset - I was mildly annoyed on Saturday night because we had a lovely time out with friends, disrupted only by the presence of one of the rudest and most tactless cocks I've ever met.

37. Do you like working in the yard? Yes and wish the weather would improve so as to spend more time there.

38. If you could have any last name in the world, what would you want? Something Dickensian... or Peakean (from Mervyn Peake).

39. Name 5 things in your closet: No closets in our current place - in my wardrobe: shoes, handbags, clothes, gardening jeans, coats.

40. Do you act different around your crush? I do occasionally get a bit over-excited during Doctor Who...and was willing to forgive his less than stellar performance in Bright Young Things.

2 comments:

Troy D'Hondt said...

Have you watched the Powerpuff Girls movie? So funny. Pappy-Wappy! :)

kaley said...

NO!! I must find it...