Tuesday, June 10, 2008

E-minder

Netto's doesn't take credit. Netto's doesn't take credit. Netto's doesn't take credit.

I've made this mistake at least once per year - and I just did it again today. And I didn't have my debit card with me. And I'd done a lovely nice shop and was quite looking forward to a cheese and Marmite sandwich for lunch. And the charming lady (whose response to my ever-so-polite 'I'll just put that on credit, please' was 'debit'. Which lead to the following conversation:

me: 'No - credit card, please'
her: 'debit'
me: 'No, this a credit card.'
her: 'debit'

Honestly, she sounded like a frog. A lesson in the use of complete sentences I think. How quickly might I have understood our problem if she had said - the first time - Netto's doesn't take credit, luv)

had already rung through my entire purchase. Cue the frustrated/embarrassed walk out of the store.

No comments: