Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Furthermore

As we played mancala last night, we discussed the event in Sudan that I blogged about yesterday. Which gave me more to ponder. I think now I was too harsh on this teacher and perhaps blame should be more fairly apportioned round. I'm not recanting completely but it seems to me, on further reflection, that a good old fashioned sit-down and chat would have been more appropriate than an arrest. And as Nasser points out, it is possible that the reportage, even in such a worthy rag as The Guardian, might not have the whole story.

So there. A lesson in pondering any ponderable at least twice before professing.

My bedside book right now is Revelations of Divine Love by Julian of Norwich. I'm not sure how to work it into my research profile - but I will find a way. I'm working slowly but surely towards theology and literature - it's not so far from law and literature in many ways (which I'll go into later...). Anyway, my paper in January at BSECS is about hagiography and historiography in Sophia Lee's The Recess and I'm hoping to look at how Mary's Catholicism, which is never overtly referred to in the text, emerges through Lee's strategies of writing...Obviously, I need to think more on this...

My viva is in two weeks.

No comments: