Tuesday, October 24, 2006

...and thanks for waiting.

I absolutely hate dealing with our phone/telly/internet company. Our telly signal has been out for the last week. Last night, Nasser waited on the phone (which is of course, a 0845-number) for ages only to be told, in that horridly chipper automated voice that it would be another 15 minutes for an advisor. I am now on the phone to ask how my next bill will reflect the fact that I haven't had the service for a week. I'm not optimistic - I've dealt with British customer service before.

I don't know which is worse - the muszak or this inanely optimistic and happy automated voice that keeps interrupting with advice.

Well, have just gotten some advice. It should be back on in a couple hours. If not...call back...

Later that same day...

I've no clue whether or not my telly is back on. I kinda forgot about it and came to the library where I still am...

I am exhausted and hungry and fairly cranky as all I've had to eat since noon is a banana (it was a big banana - I just finished it), some chocolate, and some pumpkin seeds. I should've brought my oat cakes. They are my new favourite thing. Nas made much fun of me as I had to go to the fancy organic shop downtown for them (as that's where my friend G got the ones that I liked so much at a party) and then we found them for about half the price at our co-op... He's also been laughing at my insistence that I had to have puy lentils from above-mentioned shop. They ARE different from brown lentils, I swear. Anyway, I like them and they are hard to find.

Now I'm really hungry.

Nas is teaching tonight and picking me up from the library - that was supposed to make me stay and work until then. But I think I'm out of steam. Maybe I'll curl up on my window bench and read. I love my office.

No comments: