Thursday, October 05, 2006

One of those days

Yesterday was one of those days...specifically, one of those days when I wished with almost all of my heart that I had just gone to law school after Queen's. And y'know, I wasn't thinking that if I'd done that right now I'd be wildly successful, internationally profiled, and fabulously wealthy. I was, quite honestly, daydreaming about how, if I'd gone to law school right out of Queen's, I'd be breaking even. Sadly, at the tender age of 29, my dreams have diminished from private jets, designer clothing, and a hand-bag for every day of the year to just not having to worry about buying a pair of new jeans when my old ones have fallen apart, and I'm still wearing them cause they're the only casual trousers I have, even though people start asking me if I want to sell The Big Issue rather than buy it.

How is it possible that I work three part time jobs and Nasser works two and we're broke?

And then, of course, I realise that we're not broke - don't worry mum! - and that I am living my dream anyway. I just didn't, when I dreamt it, remember to dream about the financial end... So we can't afford gym memberships at Virgin Fitness and the Gap is about as high as our street goes. We've got a full larder and fridge, enough books to keep us almost entirely happy, and digital TV.

In one of those bizarre packages that can only make sense in the coporate world it is cheaper for us to have digital telly, phone, and 2Mb broadband than just to have 1Mb broadband and phone. Hey Frasier is on, I'm not complaining.

No comments: