Sunday, February 18, 2007

Jogging to Stars

I ran for 30 minutes this morning.

Okay, Nasser pushed me to run for 30 minutes when I would have given up at 20. But I did it.

It was a really beautiful morning - there are already crocuses (croci?) up in the parks. The sun was actually warm on my face. The pavement was dry. From the top of the ridge we could see clear over the valley. It's one of my favourite views. One day I'll take a photo and post it.

Well my friend at work just told me she ran for 2 hours and 21 minutes.

She's training for the Paris Marathon (and running for WaterAid). I'm not. There is a run in June that I'd like to do though. It's organized by cancer-survivor Jane Tomlinson. Kinda like the Terry Fox runs back home, it's a 10km run for cancer research. As it isn't until June, I've got loads of time to work up to it.

I see Britney Spears shaved her head. And there is an amazing photo of a 4,000 year old star dying in the Observer today. Here it is at the Hubble site. 4,000 years ago and it makes the news today. Everything old is new again.

While you are pondering whether or not your passing will be so remarkable, check out this site on black holes. I love hubble. I'd like a shirt with that on it and maybe a pretty picture of the lion's head nebula.

No comments: