Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Wednesday full of Logan's woe

For those of you paying attention, and I certainly haven't been, you'll remember how Laila spent her first night with us under the kitchen cupboards - the roughly 4" crawl-space that, luckily!, is open where the cupboards meet the, luckily!, moveable gas range. I say 'luckily' twice because Logan just managed to get himself stuck down there. I feel awful as it is my fault - he snuck into the cupboard as I was leaving for the grocer's and I shut the door thinking he'd just push the door open. Obviously I didn't have my cat-brain on. Cats generally take the path of least resistence. If there is a closed door (even one that could easily be opened by said cat) and a tiny door-less path, cat will take the door-less route, even if it means squishing his slightly overweight self into a place that even Laila, who is about half his size, would have to ponder.

As soon as Nas realised where Logan was, he moved the range away from the cupboard (we keep it very close to prevent Laila from investigating under there), and Logan squeeeeeeezed himself out. In retrospect, that bit was quite amusing. He's filthy though and I felt terrible as his lovely coat is all sticky with no-one-knows how many years of accumulated dirt and grime under there. We gave him some ham. I think he's okay - he's stretched out on the floor now, contemplating how much cleaning he needs before he's his gorgeous, shiny self again.

No comments: