Monday, September 11, 2006

if i were al pacino...

i'd use more bullets and swear words in order to get my point across to people like the woman at the airline who wasn't going to change my plane ticket because 'it's policy'.

and i am thinking of a suitably Scarfaced response, but can only pronounce 'well then, i guess i'll have to wait.'

Carlito would be ashamed of me. Cut me up with a chainsaw.

i mean, since when do the rules apply to ME? I thought I was the special case, the exception to the rule, able to slip through long queues with a single slide?

and if i don't change this ticket, it's possible that i lose an excellent opportunity back in the UK. because i won't make this interview for a teaching job. even though they could phone me, they are only willing to interview people who are in town - not people who leave the country for a couple of weeks to sort out some family issues. (note the rule about Nice Guys and where they finish).

and there's the kicker - my family (who have cost me a lot in the past) continue to cost me even after i have left them. if they weren't such fools, i might not be in this situation - far from my wife, sleepless, and frustrated about almost everything. but perhaps it's due, in part, to the suffocating amount of dogma spewing from each and every outlet of the media on this, the fifth anniversary of the Tragedy Everyone Saw On Television.

lest we forget, there's always reruns, i suppose.

No comments: